Psalm 139:14

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well.



Friday, July 23, 2010

Zach'sssssss Turning Sssssssssix...



This snake cake is serious business. I asked Zach's mom if we were going for happy friendly snake, or semi scary snake, and she said scary...

This cake is 40 inches long, and is a combination of a moist vanilla cake and a dark chocolate cake. The cake is covered in a traditional butter cream and then rolled fondant.

Zach wanted a blue and yellow snake, so I hand painted his stripes gold. I think the iridescence of the gold looks more realistic than bright yellow. Next to this monster of a snake is his dinner, a little bitty mouse, made from chocolate fondant. The snake needs dinner too, and if anyone is totally freaked out by the snake, they can just focus on the cute little mouse beside him!

Happy Birthday Zach! I hope you have a sssssspectaular day!

1 comment:

  1. Words cannot even express ... Kimberly, you are an amazing woman. Again, the cake was THE HIT of the party. We even held a REAL 4-foot-long snake around our necks, but no, this magnificent cake was THE HIT! Why would anyone ever purchase a cake from anyone other than Momma Hare?

    ReplyDelete