Psalm 139:14

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well.



Monday, July 12, 2010

Benjamin Thomas...


My friend Catherine's fifth baby was baptised yesterday at church. I made this cake for her family to enjoy after church and celebrate his birthday as a child of God!

Catherine chose a dense carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for the cake. The sides are encrusted in pecans and there is a dark chocolate fondant cross in the center.
I usually use a verse for inspiration on baptism cakes, but I have a book of 100 prayers my mom gave to me, and today's prayer is totally fitting for us to pray for ourselves, and a beautiful prayer for baby Benjamin. It resonated in me.

Dear Lord, I am Your creation and You created me for a reason. Give me the wisdom to follow Your direction for my life's journey. Let me do Your work here on earth by seeking Your will and living it, knowing that when I trust in You, Father I am eternally blessed. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment