Psalm 139:14

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well.



Thursday, August 26, 2010

If The Shoe Fits...







I have to start out by saying, I love this cake! I made this cake for Tay. She is expecting a little girl and I am just delighted for her! She is obviously over the moon about the upcoming arrival of her daughter. Her sister gave me full artistic authority over the cake as long as it was girlie.

Cake choice was never a question, Tay loves french vanilla and butter cream icing, so this moist french vanilla cake is filled and iced with a traditional butter cream icing.


The shoes and bows I hand made from sugar paste, and painted them with a luster dust so they look just like patent leather little girl Mary Jane's. The bows are adorned with an opalescent brooch in the center with pretty little bitty french dragees. All entirely edible.

Congratulations Tay- enjoy your shower, your cake and looking at all of those little clothes. Especially enjoy the first moments with your daughter, they will have to last you a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. I helped host the shower for Tay and the cake was a HUGE success! It was not only beautiful, but so yummy! Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete