Psalm 139:14

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well.



Saturday, August 14, 2010

79 years and counting...


Tomorrow we are celebrating my Poppy's birthday. He is my Dad's father, and is one of the most special men I know. He has been a loving and devoted, son, husband, father, grandfather, and great grandfather for 79 years.

His faith in Jesus as our Savior resonates in him. His light shines! I still have a small piece of paper in my bible from church an Easter morning years ago. A torn piece of paper where he wrote He is Risen... It is such a small note with such big words, and something Poppy so deeply wants me and you to know!
He insists everyone call him Poppy- that is who he is, and has been since I was born. You see I was the first grandchild, so I got to pick his name! :)

I talk to Poppy way more on the phone than I get to see him. He lives about 2 hours outside of Houston, but tomorrow we will go to church with him and lunch to celebrate after.

When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he said "Ahh... I dunno- I like plain everyday white cake..." Well, you don't turn 79 every day so it is a bit more special than plain everday cake, but it is a very moist vanilla cake, iced and filled with a classic butter cream icing. The masonic symbol on the top and letters are fondant, and edible.
My Poppy doesn't know ANYTHING about the internet so he won't see this post, but if you are reading it please pray with me that he will have a happy and healthy 79th year.

No comments:

Post a Comment