Psalm 139:14

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well.



Friday, February 19, 2010

I love Cream Cakes...


So, my husband is English. Not British, English...

I love England, on our last trip one of my favorite mornings was a quick trip into a small village outside of Brighton along the coast.

Jason took our two oldest to play a game of crazy golf and the baby and I decided to wander around the village.

I stumbled onto this tiny itty bitty tea cottage, and I literally had to leave my umbrella stroller outside at the gate before the walkway to get inside (itty bitty...)

They had the most amazing cream cakes, scones, jam, clotted cream, and of course tea. Pots and pots of tea! It was wonderful and the ladies in there were so super sweet and accommodated an American woman with a baby and used to much more space!

It was a wonderful morning, and I did enjoy having a whole slice of cake to myself, and a scone with jam and cream, and a couple of cups of tea- while they were still hot! BLISS!

This cake is a cream cake, a moist sponge cake with a strawberry filling between each layer, and covered in cream (Yummy Cream) This is a little bit of a variation, I'm sure my beloved cottage in England didn't have chocolate ganache on top, but I'm really loving ganache these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment